Alternatives to drinking – ways to relax without alcohol
Taking yourself out of the home or where you usually drink may also help. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Why not try:
- pampering yourself with a bath
- sipping a cup of herbal tea
- rediscovering your music collection
- catching up with an old friend on the phone
- walking the dog
- starting a new hobby – the options are endless!
- going for a run, a swim or a bike ride
- joining a club, gym or five-a-side team
- treating the family to a day out
It’s not always easy cutting back, so with all the money you’ll be saving by drinking less, why not treat yourself? Go to the cinema. Make some home improvements. Enjoy a day out or a nice meal. Treat yourself to some new clothes.