Feel the benefits of cutting down on alcohol
Once you start cutting back, you'll probably notice the benefits quite quickly:
- Feeling better in the mornings
- Having more energy and feeling less tired during the day
- Your skin may start to look better
- You'll start to feel in better shape
- You may stop gaining weight or lose some pounds
As time goes on, you may also find you're in a better mood more often. Heavy drinking can be linked to depression, and sometimes a hangover can leave you feeling anxious and low. If you already feel anxious or sad when you're sober, drinking can make this worse. So drinking less can mean that you feel happier, more of the time.
Improve your health
On top of this, because regular drinking can affect your immune system, heavy drinkers can have more problems with infectious diseases. So if you cut down, your system will be able to fight off bugs more easily which can contribute to better general health.
There can also be other benefits – you may find you have more time to enjoy other things, and save money as well.